Talent Mapping & Management
Power & Utilities
Following a personal recommendation from an individual who had moved from the consulting sector to a global energy corporate, Grosvenor Clive & Stokes was invited to discuss a creative, research-driven solution to an important business issue. The objective was to establish an ongoing pipeline of senior management talent with scarce technical skillsets to avoid a potential constraint to the company’s fast rate of growth.
Operating in an environment where major projects have multi-billion dollar annual budgets, our client wished to build its understanding of the population of individuals globally with genuine experience of operating at this level.
Grosvenor Clive & Stokes Service
Grosvenor Clive & Stokes discussed and agreed the client’s objectives and configured a six month, research-driven project with weekly outputs and formal review points. In addition to regular communication and an on-site presence one day each week at the client’s premises, there were two major strands to the activity:
- Research to identify the global population of relevant individuals utilising public domain information and, most valuably, our extensive network of relevant business contacts built up over years of working at the most senior level in client organisations.
- Establish a line of communication and dialogue with the individuals recognising that their existing commitments may mean the appropriate break points for them to consider new opportunities might be months or years away.
The work established that the population of relevant individuals was much larger than the client had hitherto suspected. The communication programme was initiated which in turn resulted in the client commencing direct discussions with senior individuals in different parts of the globe and ultimately making a number of timely and cost-effective senior hires from the ongoing pipeline that had been established.
Why Grosvenor Clive & Stokes?
- The professionalism and international expertise of our in-house research function.
- Our ‘open book’ approach to working with organisations as genuine business partners.
- The experience, integrity and creativity that was brought to bear in creating and delivering a flexible, unique solution.